Mountain Line, Missoula’s community bus service, is operated by the Missoula Urban Transportation District (MUTD). Founded in 1976, Mountain Line provides fixed route and Paratransit Zero-fare bus service in and around Missoula and the University of Montana, helping employees get to work, students get to school, and keeping seniors and those with disabilities active and mobile. By reducing congestion, improving air quality, and providing safe, comfortable, and reliable transportation, Mountain Line improves the quality of life for everyone in our community.
The services that Mountain Line provides are essential components of Missoula’s integrated, multi-modal transportation system, and Mountain Line is always on the move to improve the rider experience because a healthy public transit system benefits us all.
- History » View a timeline of Mountain Line’s history from our inception in 1976.
- Facts » Read some interesting facts about Mountain Line.
- Budget and Planning » Learn about some of Mountain Line’s planning objectives.
- Board of Directors » Meet our Board of Directors.
- Employment Opportunities » Apply for work with Mountain Line.
- Doing Business » Learn about business and advertising opportunities.
- Adopt-A-Stop » Mountain Line’s new Adopt-A-Stop Program is working to keep bus stops cleaner.
- Contact Us» Contact us with your comments and suggestions.