For the comfort and safety of all passengers, the following conduct is expected of all passengers using Mountain Line services:
- Cooperate with requests from Mountain Line personnel.
- Be considerate.
- Respect the privacy of others.
Refrain from behavior that intrudes on the welfare of others including, but not limited to:
- Interfering with the safe operation of any Mountain Line vehicle.
- Endangering or threatening the welfare of others.
- Profanity or offensive language.
- Screaming, shouting or playing loud music.
- Placing your feet on seats or seat backs, or lying down on the seats.
- Threatening, harassing or intimidating others.
- Refusing to relinquish posted seating to the elderly or disabled.
- Smoking or eating in unauthorized areas.
- Urinating or defecating except in restroom facilities.
- Drinking alcoholic beverages.
- Possession of an open container of an alcoholic beverage.
- Drunk and/or disorderly conduct.
- Loitering without intent to utilize Mountain Line services.
- Indecent exposure.
- Throwing any object at transit property or at any person on transit property.
- Discharging a laser-emitting device on a transit vehicle, directing such a device from a transit vehicle toward any other moving vehicle or directing such a device toward any transit operator or passenger.
- Bringing onto transit property, odors and substances which unreasonably disturb others or interfere with their use of the transit system, whether such odors or substances are from one’s person, clothes, articles, accompanying animal or any other source.
Anyone who fails to comply may be asked to leave the bus and/or facility as well as be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
The code of conduct applies to all activities that occur in or on:
- Any Mountain Line vehicle.
- Transfer Centers.
- Park and Ride lots.
- Bus stops, shelters or other passenger facilities.
Any of these rules can be appealed by requesting appeal information from the Mountain Line office at (406) 543-8386.