Mountain Line’s fixed route service is 100% accessible for mobility devices. All of Mountain Line’s fixed route buses are lift or ramp equipped eliminating the need to climb stairs to board the bus. Operators are trained to assist in securing mobility devices, (wheelchairs and scooters), and are required to make stop announcements, helping to make using the fixed route bus service possible for many people with disabilities. People with disabilities who are able to use the fixed route bus service are encouraged to do so whenever possible.
Paratransit and Senior Van Services
Mountain Line also operates ADA Comparable Paratransit service and Senior Van service for eligible passengers within a ¾ mile radius of existing fixed routes (see map below). Use of these services is dependent upon meeting eligibility requirements. Paratransit and Senior Van services must be scheduled in advance. For more information, view our Senior Van Riders Guide (PDF) or call (406) 721-2848 for an ADA Paratransit Riders Guide. Following is a description of what services are available:
- ADA Paratransit: This is a curb to curb service, limited to individuals meeting the strict legal and medical requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Hours of operation are 6:15 AM to 8:00 PM Monday through Friday and from 8:30 AM to 6:00 PM on Saturdays. Late evening service until close to 10 pm is available to those that live within a ¾ mile radius of late evening routes 1, 2, 6 & 7. To be eligible for this level of service, your disability and barriers must prevent you from using the fixed route bus service.
- Senior Van: The Senior Van is a complementary curb to curb service that provides transportation for seniors who do not qualify for ADA Paratransit Service. This is also a reservation service, but the hours of operation are limited to Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM and Saturday 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Senior Van is available on a first come, first served basis and riders are advised to make reservations as early as possible. Just like ADA Paratransit, trips must be prescheduled at least 24 hours in advance. This service can be used by individuals 60 years of age and older, and who do not qualify for ADA Paratransit but still feel they need curb to curb service and by those who are limited to seasonal eligibility for ADA Paratransit.
ADA Comparable Paratransit Services
- ADA Paratransit Riders Guide – Please call (406) 721-2848 for a guide.
- Paratransit Service Eligibility
- Paratransit Service Application (PDF)